PBM bunker in 1948
It was 1923 that marked the beginning of Peninsula Building Materials history. Harry Morey Jr., an accomplished concrete contractor and road builder, chose a site along the rail in Menlo Park to supply building materials to the growing San Francisco Peninsula. In the years to follow with the help of his three sons, John, Joe, and Kip, the business flourished.
It was after World War II that rail transportation was complimented with more efficient direct trucking providing a diverse availably of building materials from across the country. Importing from overseas began in the eighties to provide an even greater selection of materials.
In 1968, Peninsula opened its second location in Sunnyvale. In 1981 the Menlo Park yard was moved to its present location in Redwood City. A third branch was opened in San Martin in 1989.
Harry founded Peninsula stressing values of dependable service, quality materials, prompt delivery, large inventory and competitive prices. Today the Morey Family still embraces these commitments.
We welcome you to Peninsula Building Materials. How may we be of service?